When I was a young boy every time I went fishing my dad would set up my pole for me. This made fishing a lot easier when I was a kid, but the first time I went fishing by myself I was shocked to realize I didn’t know how to set up my fishing rod. Today I’ll spare you of this embarrassment and get you fishing in no-time with this beginners guide.
- Assemble your fishing rod by putting the bottom and top sections together.
- Make sure that the guides, the holes that you will put your line through, are perfectly aligned.
- Next, attach your reel and screw the handle down until it is in place. For more information, check out this article about where to position your fishing reel.
- Now tread your reel through all of the guides, making sure that there are no tangles.
- Pull out the line through the top guide and tread it through your fishing hook. Once you pull it through the hole, hold the hook with your thumb and pointer finger.
- Then, wrap the line around your fingers three times.
- Take your fingers out and pull the line through the inside of the circle you have just made.
- Pull on the line to complete your knot. Use clippers or scissors to cut off any loose cord.
- Finally, add your fishing weights about a foot below the end.
- Now you’re ready to fish all day.